No matter what time I have to get up, if my alarm clock has to be set for a specific time I’m not going to like it. So I try to make things a little easier for myself.
1. Set two alarm clocks. A “warning alarm” ten minutes before your real one. It helps prepare you for the real one when you actually have to get up and face the day and makes you appreciate those last ten minutes.
2. Choose an outfit the night before. Don’t stress yourself out in the morning by going through ten outfits trying to find the right one. The last thing you want to do in the morning is boost your anxiety level. Rest easy knowing you don’t have to worry about it.
3. Pre-grind your coffee, have it all prepared so you can just flip a switch. You won’t have to wait as long for your morning dosage. Better yet, if you can, pre-set your fancy coffee maker to have it ready when you wake.
4. Too tired before you go to bed to get everything you need for your morning excursion ready? Text yourself a list of the things you need to remember to bring.
5. If you’re really dreading getting up give yourself something to look forward to. Whether it be a date, a ice cream treat, reading a good book, or simply going to bed that night. It’ll help you get through whatever it is you have going on that day.
Do you have any tricks to make your morning easier?